Noblin activity of the knitting variety.

Including Noblin Designs, How to identify Noblins,
Advice on how to catch a Noblin, and How to keep your Noblin happy.

Friday, July 27, 2012

A trap we all fall into


Like many knitters before me, I decided to knit on both sleeves of my cardigan from the same tiny ball of yarn. I was living in London when I first heard of this technique and I laughed in horrow in the face of the knitter who suggested it. Realising it wasn't a joke, I just looked horrified instead.

A seed must have been sown, as instead of splitting my remaining yarn into two little balls on this project, I merrily worked on both sleeves at once, slowly creating a big tangle.  At first, it was just a case of the yarn ball unravelling slightly but then progress halted last night.

So I spent a very happy afternoon watching Bert and Dickie, a tail of Olympic triumph, while unwinding the tangle.  I really wanted to finish this before the opening ceremony tonight, so I can allow myself to cast on something new during it. I don't think I really joined a team in the Ravelympics Ravellenic Games but I like the idea of knitting something new in two weeks.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home