Noblin activity of the knitting variety.

Including Noblin Designs, How to identify Noblins,
Advice on how to catch a Noblin, and How to keep your Noblin happy.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

This week's Ghibli Film #2

I've been really worn out lately so haven't felt like watching whole films, let alone subtitled ones.  I've only had the concentration to watch programs that were less than an hour long, even though I would end up watching several in one go.  My boss was away, so I was covering him, which in realisty means a few hours of overtime but lots of extra worry and perceived responsibility.

This week he is back and although I'm still tired out from being SADded, I ran out of US sitcoms and dramas so I  watched Nausicaa of the valley of the wind on Monday and Tuesday.  It is considered to be  the film that allowed Studio Ghibli to be created and was written and directed by Hayao Miyazaki.
I watched it in Japanese with English subtitles.  I like to think that it will help me learn to speak Japanese but I could only pick out a few words and then very rarely.  This is the only film I've ever seen with WWF stamp of approval but the environmental message isn't annoying. It has strong male and female characters and I didn't find it predictable although it has a satisfying ending.  I recommend it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home