Noblin activity of the knitting variety.

Including Noblin Designs, How to identify Noblins,
Advice on how to catch a Noblin, and How to keep your Noblin happy.

Monday, September 26, 2011

A little swatching

This weekend was lovely and I felt so free! No more blanket to worry about.  I still have a few ends to weave in but I'm doing a couple every so often and it doesn't feel too boring.  I have been swatching for a new design for the magazine.  I don't feel very inspired at the moment.  I think maybe the blanket tired me out a bit - especially as I don't get to keep it.  So, I'll knit some small things next and some things for me.  I have a plan! I've booked a trip with my sister to Japan in November! Squee! And I want to knit some things to wear there.  When I was in Japan last time, it was part of a backpacking gap year and there were times when I felt embarrassed at how scruffy I was compared to the Japanese people.  I wasn't a scruffy backpacker - there were times in India when I looked down my nose at other westerners and how they should be ashamed.  Well, when I was clomping round Himeji-jo, following these tiny women in their work suits and high heels, I felt distinctly underdressed.  So, I'm going to make an extra effort this time and this translates to knitting a hat and a scarf.  Job done.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home