Noblin activity of the knitting variety.

Including Noblin Designs, How to identify Noblins,
Advice on how to catch a Noblin, and How to keep your Noblin happy.

Saturday, August 06, 2011

Training for September #11 and 12

Pre run munch: cereal
Post run munch: half a recovery shake - it minged
Time of run: 10.15am
Distance: 3.75 km
Time: 32 mins
Category: 1x2 run then walk program, 10 reps plus 1 extra minute run and 2 stair reps
Feeling: sweaty

I did go out for a 20 minute run last saturday but it was a very gentle one and I didn't blog it.  Today's run was more structured.  I've decided to up the ante by introducing some hill training in the shape of stairs.  There's a main road near one of the fields I run round and it has a bridge over it.  I ran up it and staggered down it twice.  Boy, my thighs burned after that.  I did this around 12 minutes in and the rest of the run felt difficult so I conclude it did some good.  The route of the race I'll be doing is mostly hills but where I train is totally flat. I really want my training to reflect the race as much as possible, which is why I'm aiming for distance rather than speed at the moment, so I'll need to increase the stair reps as I go too.

I tidied up my sofa and found a rogue dpn on it.  I'm already down to four as these little black ones like to go wandering.  And they're chuffing expensive, although I've actually seen even more expensive ones since.  To stop this happening, I bought dpn ends at KnitNation, from atomic Knitting and now they're in use. Marvellous.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home