Noblin activity of the knitting variety.

Including Noblin Designs, How to identify Noblins,
Advice on how to catch a Noblin, and How to keep your Noblin happy.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Another run (#16): another square (#7)

Pre run munch: cereal
Post run munch: milk and a mini pain au chocolat
Time of run: 11am
Distance: 4.6km
Time: 39 mins
Category: 1x1 run then walk 7 times, 1x2 7times
Feeling: too hot but I stuck with it

I had other things to say but I've just looked at my running app and I've found out it does more than I realised.  It makes me a little map to show where I went and tells me my km splits. Now, io know where I went, but I wasn't convinced it knew when I was running in a circle in the park.   I think it's more accurate than I gave it credit for.  I went out yesterday morning about an hour later than I planned as I was reading Dead Reckoning.  I love the Sookie Stackhouse books.  When I finally did leave the house, the clouds parted and the sun threatened to burn my shoulders.  I almost gave up after 15mins but found a shady path by the allotments and went up and down there several times.  I'm pleased to see that I've already done more training for this race than previously and am staying out for consistently longet (around 40minutes compared to 25-30). 

 I didn't use my computer at all over the weekend, which was great. Well, i had a lovely weekend but that was probably more due to what I was doing, rather than what I was avoiding.  On Saturday, I went to a family barbeque which ended in a singsong - you know, like singstar but without a computer ;)  There were renegade piglets from two doors down,  three types of cake and crumble with ice cream and three of my dad's siblings in one place at once.  My younger sister brought her boyfriend to meet the rents for the first time and got a mild shock to have so many aunties and uncles there too!

On Sunday, I ran and shopped and then went to my bro's so couldn't take the secret surprise knitting with me.  I did confirm the love-hearts-as-wedding-favours theory though. I helped separate fabric petals for decorations and watched Source Code.

Square #7 was probably finished on Friday and here it is for your admiration.

There's the deadline!
 I also took a better picture of the purple square (hint: in the dark, use the flash) so you can see it really does say lucky day.

I finished work in a major grump but I've chilled out a bit now.  I was going to go to the running shop and buy some new trainers and even made it as far as my car but I left it too late in the evening and the shop would have been practically shut when I arrived.  I want to try the motion analysis and the website recommends allowing 30mins for them to watch me fall off a treadmill in stretchy pants that are too small. Shouldn't rush that!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home