Noblin activity of the knitting variety.

Including Noblin Designs, How to identify Noblins,
Advice on how to catch a Noblin, and How to keep your Noblin happy.

Friday, July 29, 2011

The knitting noblin visited!

I was feeling in a real funk at lunchtime. It's Friday and I had to work all day and it didn't even matter as I had nothing better to do anyway. That's no kind of Friday to have. So to cheer myself up, I turned to my sock yarn drawer and then to the long neglected knits at the back of my gift drawer. I pulled out all the WIPs and was delighted to find the knitting noblin had been and worked on some of them for me!

I could have sworn that when I put the yellow socks into the drawer there was only one and it was a flip-flop sock. I guess it was inspired by my trip to Japan FOUR YEARS AGO! I bought the Panda Cotton in Chicago and I worked on these when I lived in the commune.  These socks are full of history.
Not only did the knitting noblin finish the first, it nearly made it to the heel of the pair.  Unfortunately, it cast off too tightaliciously so I couldn't try the sock on.  I don't remember the Elves and the Shoemaker having this problem. 
Amongst other things in the bag were a nifty pink little mitten,
and a failed hemp sock which I think I will use as a washmitt.
The vilai sock! This is partly what prompted the look in the drawer as it's been TWO YEARS since I knitted on this sock.  WTF!?!? Last winter, I was really lacking in handknit socks as two pairs passed away. Why didn't I just suck it up and finish these. I even posted about how to not need a cable needle or two.
But really, it's all about the yellow today.  I undid the cast on and tried on the sock.  I was particularly interested in the weird lump the noblin added in.
I'm going to be sneaky and try to finish this pair of socks this weekend.  My sister is away so she won't notice I'm not working on the blanket of sisyphus.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home