Noblin activity of the knitting variety.

Including Noblin Designs, How to identify Noblins,
Advice on how to catch a Noblin, and How to keep your Noblin happy.

Monday, June 13, 2011

New Pattern

My latest pattern has been published in Let's Knit, Issue 44.  It's a rectangular stole made from Fyberspates Scrumptious 4 ply and was designed with beginners in mind.  It introduces the technique of knitting an edging as you go, picking up stitches at the beginning and knitting them off at the end. The yarnover eyelets form an hourglass pattern that is repeated on the edging and in the centre of the shawl.  I didn't take any pictures of it before I sent it to the magazine apart from one when it was blocking.


I'll take far more when the shawl is returned!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm quite new to knitting and saw this pattern in the Let's Knit magazine. Could you tell me what the number in the square is, in the magazine it says that it's the 'number of sts in knit section' what does this mean? This pattern is a little advanced for me but I just want to get a greater understanding of knitting patterns. Thank you

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger noblinknits said...

The number in the square is there to help with reading the chart. If there are several knit stitches in a row, I put the number of stitches in there so you don't have to count all the squares. For example, if the chart showed yo, k2tog, k7, yo, there are 7 knit stitches all in a row and 7 wil be in one of the squares.

hope this helps

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I get it now, thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home