Noblin activity of the knitting variety.

Including Noblin Designs, How to identify Noblins,
Advice on how to catch a Noblin, and How to keep your Noblin happy.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Rewards

I'm very much one for rewarding my own good behaviour.  As there were some definite feelings of panic and impending doom before the race, I made a little list of things to buy for myself as something to help look past the run itself.  As it turned out, I really enjoyed the run so didn't need any cheering up afterwards but I shopped anyway :)

I bought a selection of songs from the recent Glee episodes, including Pretty/Unpretty as the TLC album was one of the first I bought at uni.  I've also become the last person on the planet to buy Lady Gaga, Fame monster.  I should say Queen Gaga. I've never seen her perform before and I was totally impressed watching coverage on the beeb of the big weekend.  I can fully understand why she is the total superstar she has become. 

I went to The Yarn Yard and ordered a skein of pink Sugarsugar sock yarn (it was reduced dontcha know) and bought Manolo to use it up on. This pattern looks like a nice balance of patterning and stocking stitch so I might make it all the way through without too much cursing.

I also bought a skein of purple Enchant lace yarn for a Simplicity cardigan.  I rarely use lace yarn and it's even rarer that I finish something using it so maybe a one skein cardigan is the right idea.

Oops, I've just had a little splurge on Amazon but let's call those birthday presents and save them for another day.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home