Noblin activity of the knitting variety.

Including Noblin Designs, How to identify Noblins,
Advice on how to catch a Noblin, and How to keep your Noblin happy.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Bad Monday

I've been beavering away on Flossie's cardigan, enjoying the pattern and yarn combination.  Every so often I held it up to a tshirt in the right size to compare how I'm getting along.  this is called laziness.  the trouble with laziness, and winging it, and not planning properly, is you end up with a cardigan that would fit a child with pipecleaners for arms.  Now, I'm not a child development expert, but I'm fairly sure that if they weren't born with pipecleaner arms, they don't develop them when they turn two.  Unless that is what the terrible twos are.

I know where I went wrong.  Aside from ignoring the principle of the 5 Ps*, and being lazy etc, I only increased once on each raglan line instead of twice. The sleeves were increasing at half the rate they should have so by the time the armpit was a suitable length, the sleeves were very narrow still.  Add to that the fact that I didn't start with the right number of stitches for this method and I bodged the collar at the front, I will be ripping it all. That gives me a definite bad monday feeling but if I put some effort in at least it should be third time lucky!




*Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Blogger Barleygold said...

I learnt it as the six Ps - perfect planning prevents piss poor performance. But then I was brought up in a barn. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home