Noblin activity of the knitting variety.

Including Noblin Designs, How to identify Noblins,
Advice on how to catch a Noblin, and How to keep your Noblin happy.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

FO: Quick Fyberspates socks

Yarn: Fyberspates Dream Sock
Amount: 1 skein with plenty leftover for new baby socks
Needles: 2.5mm Knitpicks dpns
When I started these, I wanted some quick socks that wouldn't be as ridiculously involved as my mum's pair (over 100 sts, 2mm needles) so I used much bigger needles than normal for me and cast on far fewer sts than normal and came up with some lovely yellow and blue socks. I did some ribbing and some calf decreases and a heel flap and boom, first sock done. The second sock was even quicker, especially when I relised I couldn't find my notes so decided to just pretend it was the first sock again and not worry about trying to make them identical.
They look small (and my feet look a bit stunted in the first photo) but they feel lovely and I can't wait to wear them. I love socks, so of course, my immediate reaction to finishing them was to want to cast on some new socks. I have managed to resist so far as I can't decide whether to make some mini socks for the new nephew/neice or start ball winding for a new pair for me. Decisions, decisions.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

The socks are lovely. I like the pattern the yarn has created. Baby socks are just so cute. I hope you post pictures when you are done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home