Noblin activity of the knitting variety.

Including Noblin Designs, How to identify Noblins,
Advice on how to catch a Noblin, and How to keep your Noblin happy.

Friday, July 04, 2008

This made me laugh...

Yesterday I was looking for some sock yarn I knew I had but couldn't find it anywhere. So, I was inspired to have a sort out. Here are some yarns I bought while travelling (because let's face it, all my good intentions of telling you all about my travels haven't materialised into anything yet so you might as well look at lovely yarn).

In Japan, I found a yarn shop near Kyoto train station. I foolishly forgot to stock up on anything made by Clover, a Japanese company. I had done some research into yarn shops in Japan but had only found details of ones in Tokyo so was super excited to just stroll past one on the way back to the inn from a day trip out.
Rimisto
I was going to make my friend some gloves but I don't know why I never did. Chris made himself one glove then lost interest as it required a lot more time and patience than he was willing to give.

The next two yarns were bought in a lovely yarn shop in Devonport, New Zealand, run by an expat. The names of the laceweight and the shop escape me.

Laceweight
It's a famous NZ brand so perhaps someone can jog my memory?

Treliske

NZ is famous for its merino so I would have felt very silly not to pickup some of this. I wish I had stuck to my guns and bought enought for more than just accessories but I was feeling self-conscious about buying so much and posting it home.


The last four were purchsed in the USA. Believe me, I bought a hell of a lot more than this including Lantern MOon Sox Stix, Interweave Knits, Chibis, and more yarn.
KPPPM BlueI visited two shops in LA: the Knit Cafe which had lovely expensive needles but I wasn't even offered a drink and was a bit ignored; another shop that has White Lies Designs lingerie in the window where the sales assistant was very friendly, they had loads of sock yarn but no Sox Stix.

ArtyarnsIn Goshen, there is a wonderful LYS next to a wonderful Cafe. I didn't buy anything there but couldn't quite believe it as I didn't think Goshen was big enough to have such lovely amenities.
KPPPM PinkAnd the best place was Loopy Yarns in Chicago, mostly due to the company I kept there. My friend Charletta and lovely Karen. She blogged our trip almost immediately and I STILL haven't put any photos of it up. It involved sight seeing (she's a great tour guide) and a massive chocolate ice cream sundae and Giradellis.


Frog Tree

This is what made me laugh.


18

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Eighteen 5 year olds and memories of you and Charletta. This makes me smile, too :o)

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger justclaire said...

Hi. I found your blog via the KnitWells group on Ravelry. The NZ laceweight yarn looks very much like it's Touch Yarns Mohair Merino 2ply and I think the shop in Devonport is called Wild & Woolly. Hope I've answered your questions! Claire

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger noblinknits said...

Yes, JustClaire you are completely right! How did you know?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home