Noblin activity of the knitting variety.

Including Noblin Designs, How to identify Noblins,
Advice on how to catch a Noblin, and How to keep your Noblin happy.

Monday, June 30, 2008

On a whim

On Monday the 23rd June, I noticed that the Inside Loop had a 30th June submissions deadline. Perfect! I thought. I'll just whizz up a simple design idea and send it along and see how things go. One week is plenty of time to think of an idea. So last week, my sister, Elfyn, and I went shopping to the lovely Barsleys in Paddock Wood and bought the only nice yarn in the shop. Seriously, it's so fabulous even having a department store with a yarn section nearby that I spend ages just looking at this one yarn and designing in my head with it. We bought enough for two of the design and for fun enough for several scarves (more about them another day I hope). I gave Elfyn a brief rundown of my idea and we met up again later to go to KniTWells. We soon discovered that what I had described and what I was thinking of were very different so we had a brief discussion over whose design to use* and some teasing and sulking and then we were ready to cast on. Fast forward to a week later and I have spent the whole day writing up the pattern because the submission isn't just for the idea, it's for the whole thang! So, I'm here in one piece, slightly glassy eyed from being in front of the computer all day. I have my fingers crossed that they'll like it and publish it in August but if not, at least I'll be able to show you lots of photos before then.




*my design, obviously.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck Abi! xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home