Noblin activity of the knitting variety.

Including Noblin Designs, How to identify Noblins,
Advice on how to catch a Noblin, and How to keep your Noblin happy.

Friday, June 20, 2008

A Happy Compromise

I really couldn't get the hand of using two ciculars for sock knitting but really wanted finish the first tiger sock and then put it out of the way while I knit some socks for my friend Erssie. I decided to try knitting using 3 dpns and 1 circular. Overkill? Perhaps, but it worked very well and I'm much happier with it as a technique.




I sat in the garden, listening to the radio, and tried not to blow away. Half of the stitches stayed on the circular needle and the other half were on 2 dpns with the 3rd being used to knit them. Having the circular meant I could easily try the socks on but I didn't have lots of ends dangling all the time. It worked so well, I couldn't resist casting on for the next one.



I cast all the stitches onto the circular and then redistributed them. I do wonder if I'm a little mad. My sister has found a 4th dpn that I left at her house although I left it there again today so I'll have to continue with the half and half method.




The socks are really fun!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

That's some kind of wonderful solution, dahling! You are, without a doubt, brilliant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home