Noblin activity of the knitting variety.

Including Noblin Designs, How to identify Noblins,
Advice on how to catch a Noblin, and How to keep your Noblin happy.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Noblin FO - Minnie Jays

Hanging Jays
Fair Trade Tunic The toddler sized Jaywalkers are finished and will be sent down to my neice with an early birthday present from Equa. I thought she might like to wear it to my Dad's 50th birthday party if it's not too warm.

Jays I really enjoyed the Jaywalkers and can see why people would make more than one pair. I adapted the pattern to suit a mini person but most of the original elements are there. I started with a short row toe of 24 sts and then increased to 56 when I started the foot. I increased again after the heel. The foot is about 6.5 inches long which gives an inch of growth room, although the mini person grows very quickly so perhaps they won't last as long as I thought!
Jays
Jays
Closeup
Closer
Tunic Print Today we are having a leaving London and going travelling party in Regent's park. So far the sky is clear and blue but the weather forecast says it should be pouring hard now. I think I'll take my brolly with me.

3 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The mini-jays are just adorable :) hope your mini-person gets a lot of use from them.

I'm going out today too and it is teeming rain here so a bumbershoot is definitely in order!

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very cute adaption of the pattern! Your mention of "Regents Park" reminded me of a building I lived in with the same name while I was in graduate school in a part of Chicago called "Hyde Park". Clearly there were a few Anglophiles running around Chicago in its earlier history.

 
At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did the picnic go? Hope it didn't rain. In our neck of the woods we got some rain on and off all day, but I really didn't mind cos it certainly cooled the air down.

The Jaywalkers have come out so pretty! x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home