Noblin activity of the knitting variety.

Including Noblin Designs, How to identify Noblins,
Advice on how to catch a Noblin, and How to keep your Noblin happy.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Narf narf

Kendra left me the comment

"Blimin heck, you knit quickly! "

yesterday and I thought, that's very nice of her to say, yes I do think of myself as a quick knitter. Then I reread the post and realised, she thought I had knit the Jaywalker in a day! oops!

When I said

"I started the pair for her at lunchtime today."

I was thinking

"I finished the first sock yesterday and started the second one (the pair) at lunchtime today."

Doh!

There was a time when my neice's feet were small enough to knit her a sock in one evening but not any longer. She has super long feet and will one day be a pro basket ball player or wind surfer.

I have a couple of photos of me in my saris to show you. I've been reading Marnie's blog for ages and was really excited when she said she was going to India on business. Her return has coincided with us finally getting some photos from last year developed, shortly after I had been to India. Coupled with that, I love seeing Jen's saris as part of Project Spectrum so I thought I'd share these with you.
Bombay Sapphire

I bought this one in Mumbai (the sari, not the husband). It is very beautiful but heavy to wear and scratched my feet a bit. I wore it to the graduation ball at the university where I work.

Sari pictures

I possibly should have cropped this and put all the photos up separately but I'm not that pleased with them so have left them as they are. The top two photos are me in a Mysore silk sari (complete with oven glove). It is aubergine with mini crystal dots and a lot easier to wear than the blue one. Hmmm, maybe I will take some more pictures of them and the other things I bought in India. I shouldn't give you shoddy photos, you deserve more than that.

Speaking of photos, I just found out my brother has started a blog. He has some lovely photos there and appalling spelling and grammar, which I, as his nerdy little sister, had to point out. He did say knitting was sad, after all.

Thanks for the lovely comments about my knitting. No-one mentioned the SWS, which lets me off the hook with you guys but time is ticking by. The husband is going out tonight so I plan to devote some time to this wonderful project and see if I can get past the rut I'm in. Fingers crossed, though not while holding the sewing needle.

3 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surely one's esteemed mother deserves better than a sideways on photo!

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

You still knit quickly as far as I am concerned. The blue sari looks great on you by the way.

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I hope you do come by for a visit on the 29th. I won't be there, but Nathalie will. Hope you have a great trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home