Noblin activity of the knitting variety.

Including Noblin Designs, How to identify Noblins,
Advice on how to catch a Noblin, and How to keep your Noblin happy.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Bling for my booties 2




In case we were wondering, here is a shot of the bootie bling in action. It is very nice not counting 17 each time and then 5 and then 17 and so on. I simply have to remember if I'm making one before or after the marker.

The booties are designed using 4ply weight and 2 and 3/4 mm needles whereas I'm using DK weight and 3 and 1/4 mm needles. I'm knitting the 3-6month size so any guesses how large they finished up as? (Answers tomorrow.)



My friend Jamie spent some time in Japan earlier in the year, and I saw him for the first time since returning at the weekend. Not only does Jamie love computers (big in Japan), he also loves sweets (even bigger in Japan) and carried as many home with him as he could. When it became obvious that he can consume more than he can carry, he started looking into ways to buy exotic sweets over here. He found Cybercandy, an importer based in Covent Garden. So we made a date to visit and to go see X Men 3 together, whilst eating everything we bought. (As a note, Chris likes neither sweets nor the cinema).





My hoard is shown in the top two pictures: Jamie's is the bottom one. We also ate a banana kitkat during the day and Jamie had an aruba jam flavour sprite. The film was great and we ate ice cream during it so ate more sweets when we got back home. I haven't eaten a kitkat for years (nestle embargo in my head) so the banana flavour started up a real moral dilemma (so yummy!) which then spread because it turns out Willy Wonka bars are nestle too. Oops.

2 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, you've seriously aggravated my sweet tooth!

 
At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE Pocky! My familys business on Long Island is next door to a Korean grocer so we used to get Pocky all the time :-) There is no way your friend Jamie could have transported "Melon" bars back from Japan (frozen confection) but if you ever get the chance to have one don't pass it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home